The main aim of the PTA is to raise funds for the school. The money is partly used to support the school in funding certain everyday items such as extra art materials for events, toys and educational materials and transport during off site visits. Additionally larger projects are funded such as the New Classroom Area, Trim Trail Project and most recently the PTA made a major contribution towards the cost of installing interactive whiteboards in all the classrooms.
Our main way of raising money is through a series of social events for adults and children which include:
- Michaelmas Fair
- Valentines Ball
- Quiz Night
- Summer Fair
- Second Hand Uniform Sales
The PTA also support and organise a number of projects such as:
- The Year 1 and 2 School Disco
- Class Christmas Parties
- The Secrets Room
- A termly PTA Newsletter
- Planting Bulbs and Bedding Plants in the School Grounds
Every parent at the school is a member of the PTA and there are lots of ways parents can get involved.
- Everybody is welcome to attend the PTA meetings which are normally held twice a term in the evening at the school.
- The PTA also sends out "The PTA needs your help" letters once a term. These detail all the activities the PTA is involved in and what help will be needed. A tear off slip enables parents to offer what support they can.
- Finally, the school operates an individual system of class reps who have a very wide and important role within the school. They are responsible for helping to organise class social events such as coffee mornings and evenings out, maintaining contact lists for the class, helping in the organising of PTA events and also helping the class teacher to arrange help in the class as and when required.