Parent Teachers Association
Who We Are
As a parent or relative of a Riverhead Infants’ School pupil, you’re already a member of the Parent & Teacher Association! Together, we support our school and foster an inclusive community for our children to flourish.
Riverhead Infants’ School PTA is a registered charity 1024375.
Committee members are elected at the PTA’s Annual General Meeting, with guidance from the School’s leadership. Our next AGM is in September. Interested in joining? Reach out to learn more.
What We Do
Organise Commuity Events
We strive to strengthen Riverhead’s community with memorable events like our Christmas Carols and Summer fair. These events foster unity and enrich children’s school and community experiences. You can see all of our previous newsletter here which will give you an idea of the fundraising and activities we hosted and supported in 2022/23.
Raise Funds for School Improvement
We raise funds year-round through donations, events, and sales for school improvements. Recent PTA contributions include an Outdoor Library, Friendship Shelter, front ramp, Wellbeing Garden with sandpits, 30 iPads, a portable PA system, and yearly school trips. We’re now targeting a fundraising target of £15,000 to support the new Forest School.
Volunteer - A few Hours a Year
Supporting the PTA can be as simple as volunteering an hour or two throughout the school year. This helps our events succeed. If every parent/carer contributes this time, we can fund essential projects for our kids. You can assist outside of school hours too, whether baking for a sale, washing uniforms, helping with events, or suggesting new fundraisers. No expertise needed! With big plans, we rely on community support. Discover how to help via Classlist and look out for volunteer requests.
Class Rep - An Hour a Week
Missed volunteering this year? Join us next year!
- Up to 3 reps per class.
- At least 1 rep should attend termly PTA meetings.
- Host one Cake & Nearly New sale annually.
- Promote Classlist.
- Help find event volunteers.
- Coordinate teacher appreciations.
- Remind class of key dates/events.
- Share all class feedback with the PTA.
Join the Committee: For the Love of Volunteering
Want to commit more time, have special skills, or focus on a project? Join our committee! Committee trustees oversee strategy and finances, while general members aid in event planning and projects. Time varies with events, and we offer flexible meeting times.
We also need help with:
- Head Bunter (making bunting form old uniforms)
- Chief Laundry Officer (handling nearly new uniforms for resale)
- NN & Cake Sales Lead (organising sales once a term)
- Chief Sourcer (finding deals on snacks for events such as movie nights)
Register on Classlist
The PTA uses Classlist for communications, events, and community building. Connect with registered parents in your class and view PTA events and volunteer opportunities. Already registered? Update your profile with ‘Add another child” option.
Sign up on Classlist.com
Get the app for instant updates!
- Respect fellow class parents, which includes not using their contact details for marketing or professional purposes.
- Be honest, authentic, and straightforward in all actions.
- Don’t share information from the website without the author’s permission.
- Maintain the privacy and security of the site by creating a unique password and keeping this safe.
- Don’t use the website to complain about the school or individuals connected with the school.
To minimise lost property, please label all items.
Use multipurpose name labels for all school belongings. By using our school numbers during online purchases, you contribute to the school.
Consider these sites for durable labels that donate to the PTA:
- Stikins Name Labels: www.stikins.co.uk School #: 16868
- My Name Tags: www.mynametags.com School #: 19528
Match funding can double our PTA’s fundraising. The scheme is an employer’s pledge to amplify ir sometimes match donations you make to a charity. It amplifies every Pound given. Check if your employer supports this scheme and let us know so we can collaborate and help support any application.
We have a clothes recycling bank at school supporting sustainability. Each tonne donated earns us £400 annually (or 40p/kg). Please check the bin’s labels for accepted items.
You can support the PTA through everyday shopping platforms. We are registered with Easyfundraising. For full details and instructions please read the PTA Easyfundraising Letter.
One Off Cash Donation
Short on time or energy but willing to help? Consider a cash donation instead of your time. Donate online directly to our bank account, via Classlist, or send a cheque to the school office.
Your PTA Committee,
Becs, Angharad, Mri and Hannah
PTA Data Protection Policy
Please see below the PTA Data Protection Policy.
Please see below the PTA Constitution.
Please contact us by email email@example.com